Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
April 29, 2024, 06:35:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Men can only be happy when they do not assume that the object of life is happiness."  George Orwell

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: looking for kid level devotions  (Read 9323 times)
karleen
Spam Watcher
Duke /Duchess

Mood:

Awards
« on: November 09, 2007, 08:03:13 PM »

I would like to find something for our pre-teens that talks about God being our Friend and Comforter.  That He is here for us, gives us people in our lives to help us, that He has plans for us, is preparing Heaven for us, that kind of thing.  Anyone have any suggestions?

karleen
dw of dh, mom to bio sweetpea ds20 and twin adopted ds18

This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.
artsymominnc
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 04:54:44 AM »

Karleen--I did a search on amazon.com using "kid friendly devotional" and came up with a pretty decent listing.  It seemed like most of the books were either family-oriented or for kids probably under 10 years old.

Then I tried teen boy devotional because I remembered that your boys were older.

Daily Word for Teens: Discovering What's Sacred in You by Colleen Zuck and Elaine Meyer looked like it might be close to what you are looking for. 

http://www.amazon.com/Daily-Word-Teens-Discovering-Sacred/dp/1579545041/ref=si3_rdr_bb_product/103-7515953-3920613

Book Description
The teen years have always been an emotional time of questioning and searching for ones place in the world. Todays teens face immense confusion and doubt in a world shocked by violence and full of choices about how to lead their lives that other generations have not experienced. Daily Word, a trusted faith resource for thousands of adults across the nation, offers guidance and inspiration to young people on their journey to discover their inner strength, grace, and wisdom. Within the pages of this book, teens will find poignant stories of struggle and survival from their peers, along with day-by-day inspirational messages and prayers to get in touch with a Higher Power. A series of journal exercises and meditations teaches how to find your spirit and how to define your sacred beliefs and values. Every person needs the spiritual anchor of faith, and Daily Word brings the tools for discovery and inspiration to our young people.

# ISBN-10: 1579545041
# ISBN-13: 978-1579545048

Another one that caught my eye was If God Loves Me, Why Cant I Get My Locker Open? by Lorraine Peterson.

http://www.amazon.com/Loves-Cant-Locker-Open-updated/dp/0764201891/ref=pd_sim_b_title_5/103-7515953-3920613

Book Description
What's on your mind? Is it your biology final? Is it the fight you just had with your best friend? Is it Jesus? Staying close by Him is the best way to make it through this crazy life, but it can be hard to keep Jesus on your mind morning, noon, and night, especially when so many people think that being a Christian means you're weak, nave, or uncool. As a result, maybe you find yourself at the most exclusive parties just to prove that you're not the boring loser your classmates think you are. But you don't need to prove yourself to them, and here's why: God's opinion of you is the one that really matters. He is the only one who completely understands you, and He wants to help. This book, filled with enough devotionals for an entire year, equips you to hold fast to values like maintaining sexual purity, having a good work ethic, and being a great friend. Rediscover the power of God's love, and you'll remember why it was so important for you to stick by Him in the first place.

# ISBN-10: 0764201891
# ISBN-13: 978-0764201899

Obviously, there are LOTS of choices, but please share with us what you find!  My boys are just a little younger than yours, so those teen years are just around the corner......for better or worse!

Liz

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: