Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
March 28, 2024, 06:43:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: "The important thing to remember is that if you don't have that inspired enthusiasm that is contagious........ whatever you do have is also contagious."  Danny Cox

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Learn to Pray with your children  (Read 7778 times)
adsglinda
Administrator
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

Love is Patient, Love is Kind... 1 Cor 13

WWW Awards
« on: August 13, 2007, 08:03:56 PM »

learn to pray with your children.  article from focus on the family.  http://www.family.org/parenting/A000002102.cfm
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 05:56:12 PM by adsglinda » Logged
artsymominnc
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 05:52:24 AM »

The article recommends teaching younger children the following Psalms:

Psalm 9:1-2 "I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart; I will declare all Your wondrous deeds"

and Psalm 56:3-4 "My foes treat me harshly all the day; yes, many are my attackers.  O Most High, when I am afraid, in you I place my trust."

I thought I would two others for older children...Psalm 40:2-4 "I waited, waited for the Lord; who bent down and heard my cry.  Drew me out of the pit of destruction, out of the mud of the swamp.  Set my feet upon rock, steadied my steps.  And put a new song in my mouth, a hymn to our God.  Many shall look on in awe and they shall trust in the Lord."

Also, Psalm 86:11-12 "Teach me, Lord, your way that I may walk in truth, single-hearted and revering your name.  I will praise you with all my heart, glorify your name forever, Lord, my God."

One of my favorite Psalms...in all its simplicity...is Psalm119:105 "Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light for my path."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: