Trauma Headquarters and ADSG
March 28, 2024, 07:20:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: "When you're through changing, you're through."  Bruce Barton

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Taking 20 year old girl in???  (Read 8300 times)
Geertje
Marquis/Marquess

Mood:

Awards
« on: August 18, 2009, 04:12:04 PM »

Will you pray for us?
Today I saw a message in the municipality mailbox (that's part of my job, mail from citizens and organisations send to that box, to sort out, give it a number by a special computerprogram and send it through in the organisation) from a former retired director of youthcare about a 20 year old girl, a refugee from the eastblocklands (either Romania or Hungaria) her parent fled from there when she was 4, after 10 years in Holland they were kicked out of the refugeecamp unto the streets (they were not given a permitt to stay, here they are horrible strict, lots of protest agains the inhuman treatment) they were taken in by a church, all the people cared for them.
Then suddenly the goverment decided after the protests to give a general pardon, but still there were rules for it, the girl was 18 by then and she decided to apply for it, but the goverment found out that her parents had given others names when they fled and the girl had no idea, suddenly she was Hungarian, oeps and that's now a member of the EU, no status of refugee anymore.
She had to go back to Hungaria, didn't know the language, nobody helped her problems with birthcerificate etc., she came back but with no adres, nowhere to stay, now she is living on the streets, no home, no country, no money, nobody hires you.
Volunteers are trying to get a social securitynumber for her and that director asked in the e-mail hulp at the mayor, but I know they won't/cant? help, they send you to the services (housingsociety etc.) and there you come maybe on a waitinglist.
So I asked my hubby if we can take here in, thursdaynight we have a talk with the director.
Geertje wave
justine
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

The voice of reason....gone amok

Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 06:13:19 PM »

Geertje you have such a good heart.   I hope this girl is a good use of all you have to give!   Keep us posted okay?   wave

bio dd35  freakishly sweet 
bio ds32  recklessly loving
bio ds27  frightfully kind
adopted sibling group at ages 10, 6 and 4
worstrad30  adopted at age 10, left family at age 18
ads27  FAE/rad, we're still looking for a conscience, estranged
add24 P/A Rad.  Unattached, wants the family bene
Truebluemom
Global Moderator
Emperor/Empress

Mood:

Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 09:48:52 PM »

Wow - Hope all works out.  Will be praying for you!

ds26  - bio (sweetpea)
dd23 - adopted (rad/borderline personality - sociopath)
dd21 - adopted (mildly rad, bipolar, fae?)
ds20 - adopted (sweet pea)

"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."
Don M
Duke /Duchess

Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 11:35:52 PM »

Hi Geertje;
   You inspire awe by the ability to feel you can and are willing to help.  Please know we are with you in trying to help this girl make the transition from refugee without hope to having a chance at adult success.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: